Management Consulting, Business Coaching, Business Training.
Nicholas Economou provides clients with a proven system for organizing leadership teams and building business traction. Nicholas provides hands on business coaching and training services to committed Victoria and Vancouver Island business owners and leadership teams. We help Business Owners like you improve how they manage their company. We do this by implementing a powerful three step system
Advisory boards provide valuable insight and the exchange of ideas from non-competing business leaders. This mastermind group is committed to elevating each board member through the consistent process of planning, feedback and accountability.
Many great leaders attribute their success to a great mentor. One-on-one coaching provides personalized insight and action steps to build your skills as a leader. This will enhance your focus and ability to make decisions so that your business can work for you.
We’ll teach you a proven program for Business Traction implementation. We also provide expert counsel on Human Resources and Financial Analysis.
What clients say about Business Traction...
- Working with Nicholas for the past 9 years has been, as his company's Business Traction byline states, one of "rapidly inching forward". There are no quick fixes. Don't let anyone tell you differently. It's about putting all the pieces together over time. What's amazing is that, all of a sudden, everything started to gel and great results are being produced. Using the EOS system to build the team, create a vision and then most importantly follow through with that plan “as a team” is remarkable. I'm grateful.
- After twenty years in business, I took a leap of faith and joined Nicholas program and as the cliché goes "to work on the business instead of only in it." Since then, I've taken great strides in my own business development as well as seen others in my group do the same. The meetings keep you focused and provide a safe and open forum to discuss plans or dilemmas. In the last year we started to implement EOS with the leadership team and although we've been fighting a slowdown in the economy we, as a group, have improved performance in the service department. Even though running a business is about handling ongoing challenges we now have an internal company process to quickly resolve issues that come up.
- Having an advisory board made up of business owners and engaging with a business coach do three important things for me and my business. They broaden my outlook giving me a different perspective on life and work. They give me the benefit of their own experiences to learn from. And they hold me accountable for things I know I should be doing. On top of all that, I’m lucky enough to be in a group of smart and nice people, whom I consider friends.
- In exchange for the small monetary investment I've received great value. Being involved with other business owners in regular advisory meetings has very much been a rewarding and stretching experience. I can attest to the fact my business and my personal life is in a better place because of Nicholas' program. Since I've been involved I've managed to effectively transition my business. I do recommend this for anyone who desires growth and change.
- The structure that Nicholas uses of business coaching and business advice from peers often challenges my thinking and practices, and holds me accountable for reaching my goals. Everyone really cares about my business success. The structure of the meetings gives me an opportunity to both contribute and receive ideas for improving business practices. The extra coaching that Nicholas makes available enables me to take action to achieve my business goals.
- Nicholas and his program have been an invaluable source of support, information and advice for my business since I joined his group in 2002. The ability to discuss issues with, and learn from, other business owners is absolutely priceless. In addition, through Nicholas’ knowledge about hiring profiles, he has helped us better match candidates to job positions. This expertise has helped us build an excellent team that not only are exceptional performers but also great team members. I highly recommend Nicholas and his expertise to any small business owner.
- This whole process helped me to keep focusing on working on the business rather than just in the business. My peer advisory board helped me solve many problems and presented me with countless ideas on how to improve various parts of my business. The coaching sessions with Nicholas were always the highlight of the month and I benefited from his wealth of information, knowledge and experience in all aspects of life. If he doesn’t have the answer he will always do his best to find one. I highly recommend this process to any business owner/manager who cares about her/his business. This is the best business coaching for a very fair price.”
- I’ve been involved with Nicholas Economou for the last 10 years and I can honestly say that I have sincerely enjoyed every minute of it. With Nicholas' expert guidance and direction along with the interactions of my fellow group members I have ventured into some of the most challenging aspects of my business with added vigor, understanding and confidence. Being part of an advisory board has been good for me and I really recommend it to other business owners. Thanks!
- No matter how busy I am with the day-to-day activities of my business and life and even though I sometime begrudge the time I need to devote to the board meetings that Nicholas facilitates and educates in, I always leave with gratitude for the insights and value I come away with. When I have questions, and there are always questions, I get answers. I’m learning to run my business as a business and not as a landscaper who is working for himself.
- Let's be honest - most of the time it is easy to see challenges that others have. Oddly enough, even when you have the same issues as others you may not see them. This is where a peer advisory board and business coaching come in to play. The monthly meetings help you to stop and think about your business and the other members are there to let you know if you are in fact, seeing things as they really are. We've been helped with several immediate and extensive issues as well as received excellent help as our business has been transitioning from custom service work to a product based offering. This is why this process has been invaluable to us at Electric Edge.
- To have the opportunity to view your business as it really is, not necessarily how you perceive it, has proved invaluable. Being surrounded by others who understand and “get it” provides an environment that allows you to feel comfortable with suggestions and advice given. For any entrepreneur that is tired of hearing the well-meaning advice of people who either tell you that you are “lucky” if you are successful or the equally frustrating “I could have told you that wouldn't work” if you have experienced a setback, then having an advisory board with business coaching is for you.
- "The Accountability Meetings" as I like to call them, provides an opportunity for me to share and leverage my personal business strategies with those of a diverse group of passionate business owners and entrepreneurs. Together, we engage in exchanging experiences, ideas and opinions within a transparent but safe, confidential and environment of trust. Being part of a board with business coaching has helped us focus on successful outcomes by improving strategies geared to optimize success in all areas of our business, whether they are in sales and marketing, operations, human resources, finance and administration. From my perspective, the Business Traction program that Nicholas provides is more of a journey than a destination and the people that have accompanied me while "traveling" have defined both my experiences and the success of our company. My journey has been nothing less than inspiring...thanks to my traveling companions!
- I joined a peer advisory board that Nicholas put together close to three years ago. The process of having regular meetings with Nicholas for business coaching and a peer group for advice has enriched my understanding of my own business to a great degree, while building new and trusting friendships. I now have a 'sounding board' for ideas and problems and decision making. Recently I made a big decision to move forward and expand. Having a team of like mind people to support me to make that decision has been invaluable as I set out on my journey to rebuild my business and take it to the next level and further success.
- Since joining 5 years ago, Nicholas' peer advisory program has made a tremendous and positive impact on the way I approach my business dealings. From sharing my concerns, to getting much needed advice from others from in the group, to knowing there is an informed, attentive business coach a phone call or email away – I consider being part of a peer advisory and business coaching program money well spent on my business education.
- Owning and operating your own business can be a lonely experience. The peer advisory framework gives me the opportunity to connect with the experience of others owners and shortens the time it takes to solve the inevitable problems that arise in business.
- My 5 years on the Friday advisory board has been the best investment in my business and my mental health that I have undertaken in over 18 years in business. Getting a structure like a peer advisory board helps me in a number of ways. Gaining an insight into other businesses makes it obvious that many issues are common to all of us and we do not need to reinvent the wheel to solve them. As well, the group members always give insightful comments and no-holds-barred advice, praise and criticism on my updates and issues. They also, from time to time, become my second conscience, because if I don't do what I planned, I will hear about it at the next meeting. The monthly routine allows me to step back, assess my progress and plan my next step. Nicholas, in a “no nonsense” way, provides a mixture of tools and skills which are invaluable when I address specific issues. They are always just a phone call away. In short, I am no longer the "Einzelkaempfer" (lone fighter) but have ringside support.
- Being part of a peer advisory board has definitely been a benefit to our company. The business and personal coaching of Nicholas' team, as well as the advice and support of other owners have encouraged and motivated us to make better and more-timely decisions. It is most helpful to have a structure and support that won’t let us go off track.
- It is safe to say that the only reason the recession did not kill my business is because of my involvement with an advisory board. It made me look at the way I was operating my business and gave me the confidence to make the tough decisions necessary to stay alive in this economy. I am happy to say that we are in the black, net revenue is up 28% and costs are down 24%. Thank you Nicholas.
- The advisory board process offers peer to peer, honest and confidential critiquing, support and encouragement, in a group setting and with a fantastic system. The personal coaching allows for a more focused review of your business in its different disciplines, and provides a means of ensuring forward movement by improving business practices. Nicholas bring a comprehensive breadth of experience and knowledge to the table. This is likely the single most beneficial decision that have I made for the success of my business.
- My 4 year journey with Nicholas and my peer advisory board has been the difference between existing in business and succeeding. I have greatly benefited from the ongoing accountability and mentoring of my peers. To my surprise, I’ve learned most businesses have the same issues...across the board, making it easier for us to support and encourage each other with shared knowledge. The format is key to the success...preparing monthly financial statements for each board meeting, presenting the information in a precise manner, following with questions and giving advice. Nicholas creates a solid team with the way he carefully chooses people for each group. Each person brings a different expertise to the table. You would not be able to afford this kind of business coaching in a one on one scenario.